Golf Club Fittings at SCHEELS
From tee to green, golfers know that the details of the game are what make or break your round. Whether you’re new to golf or have been golfing for years, you may be wondering if a golf club fitting will really help improve your overall performance on the course. The short answer—having your golf clubs fitted for your swing, spin rates, and launch angle will help shave strokes off your golf game no matter your skill level. Our SCHEELS Golf Fitting Experts explain the benefits of golf club fittings as well as how the golf fitting process works.
Golf Club Fitting Locations & Price
We offer golf club fittings at many of our stores and can be done during store hours. To be sure your SCHEELS store offers this service and to learn more about pricing, call your local store to speak with a Golf Expert. If you live near our Johnstown SCHEELS location, you can now schedule your golf fittings online!
Did you know we also offer golf club trade-ins? This can be a great way to get some additional savings on your new clubs. To learn more, talk to one of our in-store Golf Experts!
Benefits of Golf Club Fittings
When you purchase a new set of golf clubs straight off the rack, most clubs don’t offer customization features that allow you to adjust the golf clubs’ length, lie, loft, or shaft material. The inability to customize your golf clubs to your natural swing will mean that you’re not maximizing your club’s potential and ultimately means not putting yourself in a position to score as well as you could. Here are the main reasons to get fitted for golf clubs:
Gain More Distance
If you’re using a driver that’s custom fitted, you could add anywhere from 10 to 50 yards of distance. With the right combination of club specifications, you’ll be able to hit your driver, fairway woods, and irons even farther than before.
A second benefit of getting a custom golf club fitting is improved accuracy, meaning you'll find fairways more frequently. During a golf fitting, our Experts will work with you to get a complete picture of your swing and utilize every metric available to make sure you spend more of your game in the best position to score well.
Since golf is both a physical and mental sport, having properly fitted golf clubs will boost your confidence. Those last-minute hesitations to compensate for your slice or choking up on the grip for the proper length will melt away when addressing the ball with clubs you trust.
Gain More Knowledge
The last main benefit of a golf club fitting is that you’ll learn something new. Our Experts will walk you through how small changes to your golf clubs will influence and improve your game.
Custom Golf Club Fitting Process
Our Golf Fitting Experts are trained to fit a variety of different clubs including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, and irons, and the process for each club is very similar. Most customers start by getting fitted for their driver. If you’re getting fitted for a driver, fairway wood, or hybrid, it will take about 30 minutes to complete. A golf fitting for a full iron set will take a little longer as there are more club specifications to determine. Here’s what you can expect during your fitting:
- First, our Fitting Experts will ask you a few questions to better understand your golf game and brand preferences. You don’t need to bring anything with you to your golf fitting, they'll build your set up right there!
- Within the golf simulator, you’ll swing your current set up several times to get a baseline of your shot. They will review a variety of different metrics like launch, spin rate, and club speed and explain what’s happening with each shot.
- Once they have this baseline data, they begin making adjustments to your club. This could include adjusting the shaft, the face, or the loft.
- With each adjustment, you’ll take several shots and discuss the results with the Fitting Expert. They’ll make the appropriate adjustments, and you’ll continue the process again. With each adjustment, the Fitting Expert will explain how this will affect your game.
- After plenty of adjustments, discussion, and hits, the Fitting Expert will give you a recommendation as to which club suits your swing. Many times customers are able to purchase their custom-fitted club the same day, but if we need to order anything specific, we’re more than happy to help!