Blackened Walleye Recipe
This fast and fresh recipe is sure to catch everyone's attention. Grilling Expert Shane prepares blackened walleye on the Blackstone Griddle. The Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Rub paired with butter creates a flakey fillet. It will quickly become your o-fish-ial dish of the summer!
- 4 Walleye fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Rub
- 1 fresh lemon
1) Start by soaking the fillets in milk a few hours before you prepare the fish for the grill.
2) Place the fillets on a cutting board and melt your 3 tablespoons of butter.
3) Using the basting brush, brush on melted butter and follow up by putting the blackened saskatchewan rub on the fillet. Flip the fillet and repeat on the other side.
4) Have your Blackstone on high, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on the cooking surface. \
5) Place the walleye on the grill. After a few seconds, you can grab your halved lemon and squeeze the juices right onto the fillet. \
6) Once there is a good char on the fillet flip it over to cook the other side. This will be a quick cook, you will know your fish is done when the fillet starts to get flakey.
7) Pull off the grill, rest for a few minutes, and plate with your favorite side dishes!