Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Sweeten things up on your Traeger with a smoked cherry cobbler. Sweet cherry filling sprinkled with warm cobbler topping. Serve with vanilla ice cream and this dessert won’t last long!
This Cherry Cobbler recipe makes baking on the Traeger extra simple! Start by mixing all of the ingredients for the topping until a nice crumble is formed. Put the crumble aside and start preparing the filling. Grab your cast iron skillet, mix the filling together and spread evenly in the pan. Time to add your crumble and hit the grill at 350°F. After 45 minutes, start looking for the cherries to start bubbling and a golden crust to know your cobbler is done! Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2.5 cups cherries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix the ingredients for the topping starting with the flour, butter, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Once a nice crumble is formed, mix in the sour cream. Put this mixture off to the side and start preparing the filling.
- In the cast iron pan, mix the cherries, sugar, salt, cornstarch, and vanilla extract so everything has a nice even coating. Top the filling with the mixture you have set aside and throw it on the grill at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- The cobbler is done when the juices on the sides start to bubble and the crust on top becomes crumbly.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream!