How to Make Egg Bake on a Smoker
Say good-bye to boring breakfast! This quick and easy egg bake is loaded with sausage, croutons, and cheese, topped with a smoky flavor. Our smoked egg bake will quickly become your go-to recipe when it comes to making a delicious breakfast.
Want to know our little secret? Seasoned croutons. Start with a greased tin and add in the croutons, shredded cheddar cheese, and cut up sausage links. For our egg mixture, you will need 6 eggs, milk, dry mustard, and yet another secret ingredient, a can of cream of mushroom soup! Adding the cream of mushroom soup gives that gravy consistency and some added flavor! Whisk the egg mixture together, pour over the other ingredients in the tin, and top it off with Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Rub for a touch of pepper and garlic flavor. Mix everything together, making sure that no crouton is left behind without any flavor. Cover with tin foil and let it rest overnight. In the morning, the first person up gets the honor of throwing the egg bake on the Traeger for about an hour until everyone else wakes up! Let it rest for about 10 minutes and enjoy your breakfast!
- 2 ½ cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (full bag)
- 2 lbs sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¾ tsp dry mustard
- Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Rub (to taste)
- Foil pan
- Tin foil
- Traeger Ironwood 885
- Place croutons in the bottom of a greased foil pan along with 2 cups of cheese and the pre-cooked sausage.
- Mix together the egg mixture: 6 eggs, Cream of Mushroom soup, milk and the dry mustard.
- Pour the mixture on the top making sure every crouton is covered and none is exposed.
- Season with Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan to taste.
- Cover with foil and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, turn your smoker to 350°.
- Remove the foil and place the tray in the middle of the grill for 45-60 minutes.
- The egg bake is done when the eggs are fully cooked, the sides are peeling away from the foil and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.