Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
This East Coast classic is sure to be your new favorite meal on the Blackstone. A true “Philly” consists of only these core ingredients: steak, onion and cheese. Mix ‘em all together to create a beefy, cheesy filling, and enjoy on a toasted hoagie roll.
Try one of our easiest sandwich recipes yet! The key to creating this classic sandwich is super thinly sliced beef. For easier slicing, freeze ribeye first and pull it out 5 minutes before slicing.
Ribeye is the steak of choice because it is well-marbled and very tender when cooked. If you choose to use a different cut of steak, make sure to add a little extra oil to your cooking surface. If beef is out of the question, you can always substitute it with chicken because it is equally as delicious in its own way! Begin prepping your ingredients by slicing your onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and thinly slice your beef. Head out to the Blackstone, drizzle with olive oil and start grilling up your veggies with a tablespoon of butter and some Kosmos SPG BBQ Rub. Mix them all together and set aside, stirring and flipping often, until finished cooking the meat. Add your sliced beef to the griddle, top with Kosmos SPG and Worcestershire sauce, and cook until brown. Whatever you do, don’t over cook your beef! The best part of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is when it melts in your mouth and is easy to chew! Mix together beef and vegetables and separate into about 4, sandwich ready, individual portions. Top with cheese, we recommend using provolone, and cover to get that perfectly melted and gooey cheese. Stuff mixture into toasted or untoasted hoagie buns, slice and enjoy!
- 2-3 lbs Ribeye Steak
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- Kosmos SPG BBQ Rub
- Provolone Cheese
- Hoagie Bun
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick Butter
- Olive oil
- Freeze beef: Freeze ribeye and pull it out 5 mins before slicing.
- Prep the rolls: Slice hoagie buns ¾ of the way through with a serrated knife.
- Chop vegetables: Slice onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Slice beef: Thinly slice beef, removing the fat.
- Preheat: Heat up your Blackstone to high heat and add some oil.
- Cook veggies: Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms to the grill with a tbsp of butter. Lightly sprinkle on Kosmos SPG BBQ Rub and mix it all together on the grill. Continue mixing veggies throughout.
- Cook steak: Throw on your beef and top with Kosmos SPG rub and Worcestershire sauce. Flip continuously until fully cooked and browned.
- Mix: Mix meat with the veggies and separate into individual sandwich portions.
- Add cheese: Top with provolone cheese and cover for about a minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Finish and serve: Scoop onto the hoagie bun, slice and enjoy!