Pig Shots Recipe
Are you looking for your next tailgating bite? These smoked pig shots are loaded with an explosion of flavor in every bite and are sure to please every one of your tailgating buddies. If you haven’t tried smoked cream cheese yet, you are in for a treat with this simple and easy recipe!
These shot glass-sized sausage and bacon cups are sure to be a hit at any event, especially when topped with a hint of spicy sweet cream cheese spread! One important thing to remember when making pig shots is to get the right type of thick cut bacon! The bacon is the glue to the whole operation and without the right thickness, your pig shot might shatter and you will end up with a huge cheesy mess on your grill. Plus, if you get long enough strips, you can cut them in half and use both pieces. You want your bacon to be nice and crispy, so smoking them at a high temperature is important. Start by firing up your Traeger to 350° and prepping your pig shots by slicing your sausage and bacon pieces. Make sure to cut your sausage nice and straight so they can stand up properly. Wrap the bacon pieces around the sausage and secure it with a toothpick, it should look like a little shot glass. Next, in a medium sized bowl, mix together 1 packet of cream cheese, diced jalapeños, and some Holy Voodoo Seasoning. You will then add about a tbsp of the cream cheese mixture to each shot glass, being careful not to overfill them and have cheese splatter everywhere. After each shot is filled, place them on a grilling rack and onto your Traeger, and smoke them for 45 minutes to an hour. When the bacon looks nice and crispy, it’s time to pull the pig shots off the smoker, let them rest for about 10 minutes, and drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce! We recommend Kosmos Q Competition BBQ sauce to finish off that sweet and smoky flavor. The only thing left to do is serve and enjoy!
- 1 package Kielbasa sausage
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 cream cheese
- 1 can pickled jalapeños
- Holy Voodoo Seasoning
- Kosmos BBQ sauce
- Slice sausage into ½ inch thick rounds and cup bacon strips in half
- Wrap half slice of bacon around each piece of sausage and secure with a toothpick
- Chop jalapeños and add to a bowl with 1 packet of cream cheese and your Holy Voodoo Seasoning and mix thoroughly
- Add about a tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top of the sausage bites and add to your jerky rack, cream cheese side up
- Top with more Holy Voodoo seasoning and it’s time to grill!
- Fire up the Traeger to 350°, close the lid and cook until the bacon is crispy and golden brown for about 1 hour.
- Remove the pig shots from the grill and let them cool for about 10 mins.
- Drizzle with Kosmos BBQ sauce and enjoy!