Pork Spare Ribs Recipe
There's nothing like enjoying mouthwatering BBQ ribs with family and friends. If you're looking for a new rib recipe, our 4 Hour Spare Ribs Recipe is the next one to try. You'll enjoy a balanced taste of heat and sweetness along with the glaze and crispiness every loves. Careful—with this rib recipe, you'll be hosting every weekend of the summer!
Expert Tip: James uses the Drip EZ Prep Tub to prepare these ribs to make for easier cleanup and transfer to the Traeger.
- 5 lbs. St. Louis style spare ribs
- Heath Riles Apple Rub
- Heath Riles Honey-Chipotle Rub
- Blues Hog Champions' Blend BBQ sauce
- Brown sugar
- Preheat your grill to 250° F
- Start by unpacking your spare ribs and lay flat on the Drip EZ BBQ Prep Tub.
- Using a sharp knife, pull the tip of the membrane up so that you can use a paper towel to pull it back to the other side. Sometimes the membrane comes off in one piece and other times it takes several attempts.
- Next, use your knife to trim off the excess pieces of fat, usually at the tips and under the bones. You'll want to square up the tips of the ribs for even cooking and presentation.
- Pop up your EZ BBQ Prep Tub up one level to start seasoning.
- Generously and evenly season both sides with the Heath Riles Apple and Honey-Chipotle rubs. Be sure to pat down the seasonings.
- Place the spare ribs on your preheated grill—rib side down.
- Close the lid and let cook for 3 hours. You may be tempted to peak but try to resist.
- After 3 hours, take the ribs off.
- Pour honey over the ribs and spread using the Traeger Silicone Basting Brush.
- Then, sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar over the honey and press it into the spare ribs using your hands.
- Add the Blues Hog Champions' Blend BBQ sauce.
- Repeat spreading the honey, brown sugar, and BBQ sauce on the other side.
- Now, put the ribs back on the grill for about 1 hour or until the internal meat temperature reaches 200° F.
- Take the ribs off of the grill and let the rest for a few minutes.
- With a kitchen knife, cut between each rib, plate, and serve!