Prime Rib Recipe
Time to spruce up your grilling game with this Prime rib Christmas recipe. Prime rib, simply seasoned with herbs, spices, and finished with wood-fired flavor. No matter how you celebrate Christmas, this main dish will be the star of the show!
Are you ready for a prime rib recipe that will change your life? Grab your ingredients and let’s get to it. Begin by making your garlic paste and coat your roast. [Expert tip: place your prime rib on a double pan to catch all of your drippings.] Set your grill to 225° and cook to an internal temperature of 121°, take it off and cover with foil. Now, crank your grill up to 500° and add your grill grates for that perfect sear, cooking about 4 minutes on each side until you reach the internal temperature of 130°. The moment is finally here! Carve it up and enjoy!
- 5 bone-in prime rib
- Head of garlic
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Thyme
- 2-3 tbsp pepper
- Olive oil
- Killer Hogs AP seasoning
- Butchers twine
- Traeger Ironwood Series 885
- Coat the roast with the AP seasoning to give it a good base.
- Chop up your garlic however fine you'd like it chopped.
- Chop your thyme and rosemary into fine pieces.
- Add in 2-3 tablespoons of oil and pepper, mix until you have a good paste.
- Rub the paste you have created all over the roast coating all sides.
- Tie up the roast with butcher's twine to hold it together.
- Place the roast on your smoker and cook at 225° super smoke until you hit the internal temperature of 121° degrees,
- Pull the roast off and tent it, turn your grill up to 500° degrees and place the grill grates on.
- Sear each side for up to 4 minutes until you reach the internal temperature of 130° degrees.
- Let it rest, slice and enjoy with some au jus!