Pulled Pork Egg Rolls Recipe
Take all the traditional egg roll fixings, add in pulled pork, and dip in BBQ sauce for a delicious appetizer everyone will enjoy! SCHEELS Grilling Expert, Cam, takes his leftover pulled pork to craft a delicious and crunchy snack with a tangy twist.
The filling for your egg rolls is simple, start with some leftover pulled pork (check out our super simple Pulled Pork Recipe), shredded cabbage, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, sugar, fresh pepper, red onions, and mayonnaise. Add in your Killer Hogs Hot BBQ rub and Beer’s Black Dog BBQ sauce for some extra flavor! Grab your egg rolls, place about 3 tablespoons of the mixture and add pickles on top, and get rolling. Our technique: fold in the sides, fold over the top, and roll nice and tight. [Expert tip: the egg roll wrapper container usually has a handy chart on the back to show you how to fold your egg rolls.] Once folded, they are ready to hit the hot oil! Oil temp should be about 375°. The egg rolls fry up in just a few minutes and then are ready to enjoy! We like dipping them in some Beers Black Dog BBQ sauce, but we would love to hear what you think is the best way to enjoy your egg rolls!
- Egg roll wrappers
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- ½ red onion
- Beer’s Black Dog BBQ Sauce
- Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- Start by dicing up your red onion into medium-sized pieces.
- Dump the bag of shredded coleslaw into a bowl and add the apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, mayo and onion. Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- After mixing add in 2-3 tablespoons of BBQ seasoning and 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. Mix until you have a wet mixture, but not too liquidy.
- Next put in 1-2 cups of pulled pork making sure the chunks are not too big and mix 1 final time. Grab the egg rolls and a bowl of water to dip your finger into to seal up the egg rolls. Place a heaping spoonful into the center of the egg roll, fold in the sides and roll into a tight egg roll being careful not to rip the egg roll. Dip your finger into the water and wet down the seam of the egg roll sealing it up. Repeat this step until all of your mixture is gone.
- Heat up your oil to 375° and place your egg rolls into the oil for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Let them cool on a wire rack. Dip in BBQ sauce.