Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe
Put your own spin on this simple recipe with your choice rubs and sauces. SCHEELS Grilling Expert James shows us his favorite way to make smoked chicken wings. It’s a recipe so good they’ll be calling you the sauce boss in no time.
Our favorite way to make frozen wings! Place the frozen wings on the Traeger at the lowest setting, for 1 hour. Smother half of the wings in olive oil so the skin can crisp up because no one likes a soft or chewy chicken wing. Using the Drip EZ prep tub, coat the rest of the wings with buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or your favorite wing sauce, and shake it up! Put all of your wings back on the grill at 350° for about 25 mins or until an internal temperature of 165°, keeping the sauced wings separate from the naked ones. Place your naked wings in a plastic bag with a generous amount of Kosmos Wing dust and shake! Top off your sauced wings with a little extra BBQ and enjoy!
- 5 lbs chicken wings (frozen or thawed)
- Kosmos Wing dust
- Beer's Blackdog BBQ sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Olive oil
- Drip EZ Tub
- Ziploc baggies
- MK4 Thermapen or other meat thermometer
- Traeger Ironwood 885
- Preheat your grill on the lowest setting.
- Once the grill reaches temp, place the frozen wings on the grill for 1 hour.
- After an hour, pull the wings off.
- For wings getting Wing Dust, place them in a Ziploc baggie and cover with olive oil.
- If you are using sauce, place the wings in the Drip EZ tub and put buffalo sauce and BBQ sauce on. Then shake. (Tip: Use extra buffalo sauce as the heat will burn off on the grill)
- Turn the grill up to 350° and cook until the biggest wing reads 350° with your MK4.
- The Wing Dust wings can be placed in a Ziploc with some seasoning. Shake the wings around to coat them.
- The sauced wings can be placed in the Drip EZ tub with a small amount of buffalo sauce and a generous amount of Beers Blackdog BBQ sauce.