Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
Ditch your typical boring appetizers and try out our phenomenal smoked salmon recipe transformed into a dip to save the day the next time someone says potluck!
Have you been searching for a new recipe that is sure to impress your friends, family, or co-workers? This recipe combines perfectly smoked salmon with a hint of brown and maple sugar, mixed with cream cheese, sour cream, and finished with a fresh squeezed lemon, creating a smokin’ dip that is sure to be a fan-favorite. Begin by pouring one packet of the Gourmet Fish Brine Mix into 1 gallon of water and mix thoroughly until fully dissolved. This brine is blended with brown sugar and maple sugar to please any connoisseur of smoked fish. Add your brine to the Drip EZ BBQ Prep Tub with about 2 cups of ice and stir. Place the salmon fillet in and let it marinade in the brine for about 24 hours. After marinating, remove the fish and pat dry. Prep some tin foil with oil, add your fish, and head out to the grill! Heat up your Traeger to 180° supersmoke, add your favorite pellets, we recommend trying Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets for a hickory, maple, and cherry hardwood wood-fired flavor that can’t be beaten! Cook for about 4 hours, or until the fish begins to flake. While the salmon is cooling, slice your baguette, frost with butter, place on a grilling rack, and add to the Traeger to toast. While toasting the bread, begin combining the cream cheese and sour cream in an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Grab half of your grilled salmon (about 4 oz) and add it to the mixer with dill, capers, and garlic, mixing all together until the fish is fully shredded. Add in about a teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon and place in the fridge to cool. After about 2-4 hours, you are ready to dish up this smokin’ dip! Serve with crackers, bagels, or baguettes, and enjoy the creamy-smoky flavor!
- 1 salmon fillet
- Gourmet Fish Brine Mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp of granulated garlic
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 gal water
- Pour 1 packet of Gourmet Fish Brine Mix into 1 gallon of water. Mix thoroughly.
- Add about 2 cups of ice to the brine, stir, and add salmon fillet.
- Marinate the fish in the brine for about 24 hrs.
- After 24 hrs, pat the fish dry and add it to tin foil, with a little oil.
- Heat up the Traeger to 180° super smoke and cook salmon for about 4 hours.
- Slice baguette, butter, and toast on the Traeger.
- In an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Once mixed, add in half of your salmon fillet, or about 4 oz, as well as dill, capers, and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients together until the salmon is fully shredded, and add in about a teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon.
- Cool mixture in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Spread dip on baguette or enjoy with crackers!