Thanksgiving Leftovers - Turkey Pot Pie
Thanksgiving has never tasted so good! Build your day after Thanksgiving feast with this delicious Turkey Pot Pie recipe, sure to not leave any leftovers.
Thanksgiving is our favorite time of the year - faith, family, football, and obviously great food, which also means great leftovers. Put your leftovers to good use with this Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie recipe. So, what goes into a turkey pot pie? The answer is… whatever you want! Dark meat, light meat, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, the options are endless. We recommend leaving the dessert pie out of this equation, but we don’t judge!
Start with a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet, and add a layer of butter. Grab the Pillsbury Pie Crust and lay it in the bottom of the skillet. You can always make your own pie crust, or even better, use any leftover dough you have from making your holiday desserts. Mix together your leftovers and add in a splash of milk, if needed. Sprinkle a generous amount of Kosmos SPG. Add the mixture to the skillet and spread it evenly. Cover with pie crust and seal the edges with a fork, or however you prefer to “design” your pie crust. Brush with egg wash, cut openings into the pie crust to allow for an even cook (and because it makes it look pretty). Fire up the Pit Boss Grill and cook at 350° for 60 mins, or until golden brown. Garnish with chives, cut into slices, and serve. Try not to burn your mouth!
What’s your favorite way to eat Thanksgiving leftovers?
- Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 2 cups Turkey
- 1 cup Green Bean Casserole
- 1 cup Gravy
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Chives for garnish
- Kosmos SPG BBQ Rub
- Prepare cast iron skillet with a layer of butter.
- Place pie crust in skillet.
- Mix together turkey, green bean casserole, gravy, mixed vegetables, and add in milk if needed.
- Season with a generous amount of Kosmos SPG.
- Drop the mixture on the crust in the skillet and spread evenly.
- Cover with pie crust and seal the edges.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Cut openings into pie crust to allow an even cook.
- Fire up the grill and cook at 350° for 60 mins, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with chives.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.