A retrospective look at one of Maui Jim's original styles Kawika is a true testament to Maui Jim's legacy and heritage. Features:
Perfect for: consumers looking for a modern twist to the retro trend.
Design: A contemporary twist on a clean classic look featuring stylish browline style frame first made popular in the 50's and 60's.
Shape: Refined rectangular frame complements a range of facial shapes
Care: Maui Jim case and cleaning cloth included
Frame Material: Metal/Nylon Combination
Finishing Treatment: Antique metal treatment with contrasting temple tips
Hinge: Traditional hinge
Bridge: Adjustable bridge with non-slip silicone nose pads
Fit Specifications: (eye) 54 (bridge) 18 (temple) 140 6-base curve
Neutral Grey: Perfect for especially bright direct sunlight. Offers rich color and contrast along with the highest available light production unlike ordinary grey lenses that flatten light evenly across the spectrum.
HCL® Bronze: For everyday variable conditions from full sun to overcast. Provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm subtle bronze tint.
MauiPure®: The perfect lens for your everyday active lifestyle MauiPure® is the lightest weight choice for long days in the sun. Scratch- and impact-resistant. Injection molded for the crispest optics next to glass.
PolarizedPlus2®: In every pair of Maui Jims you'll find the patented color-infused lens technology that wipes out 99.9% of glare 100% of harmful UV and boosts color via specially designed lens treatments. So your view is clearer with crisper contrast and amazing brilliance.
CLEARSHELL®: Scratch Coating: A proprietary silicone-based hard coat that protects your lenses. Glass is naturally scratch-resistant but MauiPure® Maui Evolution® and polycarbonate lenses perform better longer with the added durability of the optically correct CLEARSHELL®. Applied to front and back of the lens.
I love love love these sunglasses. Got them with my prescription just before my 11th trip to Hawaii and saw Hawaii in a brand new light! I receive so many compliments about them. These stay put in humid and/or wet conditions. I’ve been a little rough with them so I’m ordering a new pair of the same (Kawika).
I am very picky when looking for a pair of sunglasses. It's always been hard to find something that looks good and fits well. These not only look great, (I have so many compliments I love the lenses, the fit and clarity. When my best friend saw them, she wanted a pair also. I am going to get her a pair for her Birthday!
I bought a pair and they have become my "go to" pair. My fiancee would like the same style but he has a wider face and these just don't work w/ wider faces. He's willing to Blue Hawaii in another style of frame but only bc Kawika is not an option.
WOW! Just got a pair of Maui Jim "Kawika" sunglasses from the Easter Bunny yesterday. I absolutely LOVE them!!!! The world is a much more beautiful place to see now. Especially living in the bright sunny city of San Antonio Texas.
I used to work selling sunglasses in a boardwalk style mall , customers that wanted quality will step out with 3 different brands and 90 percent will close Maui jim , the other 10 percent wanted a specific style , this style is the best of both worlds light weight and great style a little pricey since is not the glass lens but I would put it side to side with any other brand including some glass lenses out there and 100 percent of the time will choose Maui , do yoursel a favor , buy one
I bought the last year. I have been into the store multiple times, as the frame loosened up on the lenses. The second time I went in, they swapped them out. However, I still have issues with the frame loosening up, so I bring them in to get them tightened, whenever I am around a Sunglass Hut. I should not have to do that for glasses that cost that much. Also, I need to clean them all the time. I love the look, lens, etc..., but they need to fix the frame.