Marlin 6 is a quality introductory cross country mountain bike with front suspension, 24 speeds, and a wide range of gearing for easier pedaling on climbs. It's built in Trek's trail heritage, but also equipped with features like mounts for a rack and kickstand that make it a great choice for daily commuters.
- 24 speeds
- Lifetime warranty
- Internal cable routing
- Rack and kickstand mounts
- Advanced G2 frame geometry
- Separate break and shift levers
- Suspension lockout increases pedaling efficiency
- Alpha Silver Aluminum provides lightweight durability
- Weight: 14.71kg / 32.43lbs (with tubes)
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local SCHEELS.
It's right for you if...
||4'9.9 - 5'1.0"
||5'0.2 - 5'3.8"
||5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
||5'6.7" - 5'10.5"
||5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
||6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
||6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
||27.2 - 28.7"
||28.3 - 29.9"
||29.9 - 31.9"
||31.5 - 33.1"
||32.7 - 34.6"
||34.3 - 36.2"
||36.2 - 37.4"
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
The heart of Marlin 6 is a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal derailleur routing. It has 24 speeds, a wide-range cassette so you can always find the right gear for your terrain, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a 100mm suspension fork with a lockout feature—that's the same amount of travel favored by most cross country racers.
The final word
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, and hydraulic disc brakes. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wider range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
- Internal Derailleur
- Alpha Silver Aluminum
- G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Chainstay brake mount
- Rack and kickstand mount
- Dropper post and brake routing
- Coil spring
- Hydraulic lockout
- SR Suntour XCT 30 HLO
- 100mm travel (13.5: 30mm travel)
- G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers
- Front hub: DC20 alloy
- Rear hub: DC22 alloy
- Rims: Bontrager Connection 32-hole, double-walled
- Tires: Bontrager XR2 29x2.0" rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20")
- Chain: KMC Z7
- Pedals: VP-536 nylon platform
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Altus M310
- Front derailleur: Shimano Altus M313
- Shifters: Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Bottom bracket: Sealed cartridge, 73mm
- Crank: Shimano Tourney TY501, 42/34/24
- Cassette: Shimano HG200, 12-32, 8 speed
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada
- Grips: Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Stem: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Seatpost: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Handlebar: Bontrager alloy 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)
- Brakes: Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)