Clam Duckbill Drop Jig
The Clam Duckbill Drop Jig is an arching shape, with its eyelet set back so the heavy and prominent bill protrudes out where it can catch water and produce a forward thrust when pumped. An in-your-face presentation that drives aggressive fish to hammer it. As you might also guess, it can wake up sniffers and stir instinctive feeding. You just never know• making the Duckbill a wild card, a valuable piece of the puzzle.
- Made from tungsten• 30% heavier than lead
- Small• compact presentation for punching through - "slush-in-hole tactic"
- Plummets through thick vegetation, brush, and timber pas smaller bait-steaing fish to where the slabs are waiting
- Ultra-fast drop to reach deep water quicker and to get back to the school feeding frenzy
- Go-to jig during cold fronts, high pressure weather systems, and when pursuing highly-pressured fish
- Better control than lead with more wind and current resistance
- Denser than lead to feel bites better and also have better bottom contact
- High density allows anglers to tune-out hordes of baitfish and still see their jig on sonar with nice, hard signal
- 45° hook for best hooking % - "anvil top-of-the-mouth hooking"
- Sitcky-sharp forged strong nickel hook
- Thin diameter hook for the better bait piercing with no gut ooze and effortless hookups
- Unique duckbill profile fish have not seen
- Natural forward moving thrust when jigging
- Natural bug-like fire tiger stripes/lady bug spots - some with single or double eyes
- Non-chip enamel paint in highly attractive colors
- Near horizontal presentation
- Hook Size: 12
- Weight: 1/16 oz.
- Species: Crappie, Perch, Bluegill, Small Trout
- Bait with: Maki Plastics, Euro larvae, Waxis, Spikes