The Clam Duckbill Drop Jig is an arching shape, with its eyelet set back so the heavy and prominent bill protrudes out where it can catch water and produce a forward thrust when pumped. An in-your-face presentation that drives aggressive fish to hammer it. As you might also guess, it can wake up sniffers and stir instinctive feeding. You just never know• making the Duckbill a wild card, a valuable piece of the puzzle.
- Made from tungsten• 30% heavier than lead
- Small• compact presentation for punching through - "slush-in-hole tactic"
- Plummets through thick vegetation, brush, and timber pas smaller bait-steaing fish to where the slabs are waiting
- Ultra-fast drop to reach deep water quicker and to get back to the school feeding frenzy
- Go-to jig during cold fronts, high pressure weather systems, and when pursuing highly-pressured fish
- Better control than lead with more wind and current resistance
- Denser than lead to feel bites better and also have better bottom contact
- High density allows anglers to tune-out hordes of baitfish and still see their jig on sonar with nice, hard signal
- 45° hook for best hooking % - "anvil top-of-the-mouth hooking"
- Sitcky-sharp forged strong nickel hook
- Thin diameter hook for the better bait piercing with no gut ooze and effortless hookups
- Unique duckbill profile fish have not seen
- Natural forward moving thrust when jigging
- Natural bug-like fire tiger stripes/lady bug spots - some with single or double eyes
- Non-chip enamel paint in highly attractive colors
- Near horizontal presentation
- Hook Size: 12
- Weight: 1/16 oz.
- Species: Crappie, Perch, Bluegill, Small Trout
- Bait with: Maki Plastics, Euro larvae, Waxis, Spikes