Dillon Precision Steel Rifle 3 Die Sets
Item No. 4235-10839
Dillon Three-Die Steel Rifle Die Sets include a sizing/depriming die, a bullet seating die and a taper crimp die.
- The sizing/depriming die is full-length and sized to minimum tolerances to size cases down to function in both semi and fully automatic firearms. We strongly suggest that a headspace case gauge be used to correctly adjust the size die.
- For high volume users, such as commercial reloaders, law enforcement agencies, and high power or service rifle competitors, we also offer .223 and .308 die sets with a full-length carbide sizing die. Lubrication is still required, but the increased scratch resistance and die longevity of carbide are of great benefit to these groups of users.
- The depriming assembly includes a carbide expander ball for "squeak-free", effortless, neck expansion. This expander ball is located in the middle of the depriming stem to take advantage of superior initial leverage for easier extraction.
- In the event of a stuck case, the design of the depriming assembly allows it to function as a stuck case remover.
- Our bullet seating die is internally designed to keep the bullet straight throughout the seating process. Once properly adjusted, the only measurable runout will be that which is inherent in the bullet.
- The taper crimp die is also specially configured to center both the case neck and the case body, thereby aligning the entire cartridge for a more uniform crimp. Dillon Rifle Dies are designed to meet the more rigid requirements for both accuracy and precision demanded by today's marksman.
- A taper crimp die is preferred for loading ammunition intended to be used in semiautomatic firearms with detachable box magazines, and in lever-action firearms with tubular magazines.
- We strongly recommend using a headspace case gauge when loading bottleneck rifle cartridges.
- Rifle headspace case gauges assist in proper size die adjustment and in checking cases for whether they need to be trimmed. Essential for long case life, especially with semi-automatic firearms! Dillon Precision headspace case gauges are made of stainless steel for long life.