The original ergonomic grip. The GP1 sets the Worldwide standard in ergonomic comfort, materials, and quality. The GP1 eliminates numb hands, aching fingers, and tired forearms. The uniquely shaped grip body is made from 100% German, TÜV-certified rubber compounds of the purest quality – with infused Medical-grade white mineral oil for improved flexibility and durability. A forged aluminum clamp allows the grip to be adjusted for perfect fit, can be easily readjusted, and eliminates twisting once installed. (Carbon bar compatible).
- Name: GP1
- Use: Mountain Bike, Touring, Commuting
- Weight: ca. 195 g*
- Size: L
- Variant: Regular
- Clamp: 100% Recyclable Aluminum
*Weights may vary in production. Weight per pair.
Optimized Pressure Management:
Optimized Hand Positions:
- Problem: Excessive pressure on the sensitive areas of the hands result in numb fingers.
- Solution: With an anatomically optimized design, Ergon grips offer 100% contact with the hand surface area, versus traditional round grips, that offer only 60% contact.
- Problem: Excessive curvature of the wrist leads to undesired kinks in the carpal tunnel nerve. This results in a burning pain in the hand or forearm.
- Solution: By correcting the hand position, the carpal tunnel nerve is relieved and pain is eliminated.
Regular / Trigger Shifters: Both Grips are Long
Gripshift / Dual Twist Shifters: Both Grips are Shortened
Rohloff / Nexus / XX1 / Single Twist Shifters: Right Grip is Shortened, Left Grip is Long
The Ergon Difference
Since hand sizes vary from person to person, the GP Series and GS Series grips are offered in two sizes; Small and Large.
These sizes refer to the gripping circumference. The Large size is a thicker grip, and the Small is a thinner grip. Two size options offer better hand closure around the grip surface. These size differences have a direct impact on the overall handling of the bike, as well as comfort.
- Glove Size: 8,5" - 10,5" (XL – XXL)
- 102 mm Hand Circumference
- Glove Size: 6,5" - 8,5" (XS – L)
- 92 mm Hand Circumference