Madd Gear VX8 Pro Scooter
MADD GEAR VX8 PRO SCOOTER
The VX8 Pro Scooter sets the bar for quality and spec with every aspect of the product tailored to meet the needs of the up and coming pro rider. For VX8 the Pro gets some massive upgrades including larger 110mm solid Corrupt Cores running on MGP’s proprietary polyurethane blend, a wider 4.5” deck with Headtube Cutout and Downtube Inserts as well as the new High-Density PP Deck Blocks.
- Deck: MGP 83◦ Integrated 19.5” Long x 4.5” Wide VX8 6061 T4 & T6 Heat Treated & Fluted with 3◦ concave.
- Fork: Threadless M1 Alloy HIC. Headset: MFX Integrated HIC.
- Bars: 21” Wide x 23” High 4031 Japanese Chromoly Powder Coated Upsweep Fluted Bar.
- Wheels: 110mm Corrupt Core with MGP Proprietary Polyurethane Blend.
- Finish: Durable Solid or Fade Powder Coating with MFX Downtube Inserts and Deck Blocks.
MGP Manufacturing Technologies:
Internal Fluting: MGP VX8 Scooters feature patented Internally Fluted Tubing in the construction of the bars as well as throughout the length of all decks. This process is proven to increase strength under 3 dimensional loads as well as stiffness without adding additional weight to the material.
3D Forged Headtube: All VX8 Scooters feature the patented 3D Forged Madd Gear Headtube. The process of forging the headtube both produces a superior output for strength, durability and consistency as well as avoids any overheating, misalignment or impurities often seen with welded headtubes.
Robotic Welding: Every VX8 headtube is machine welded to the deck insuring an extremely high consistency and accuracy unmatched by manual welding. The Madd Gear machine welding process means every scooter that leaves production is monitored by precise software to meet our exact specifications.
6061 T6 Heat Treatment: All Madd Gear Scooters are rated with both T4 and T6 Heat Treatment. The 6061 Aluminum used throughout our decks and bars are first run through a process called Solution Heat Treating and then through an aging process which generates a material that is both structurally strong but also very durable.
Upgrades from VX7:
- 150mm TPR Swirls Grind Grips.
- 6061 Alloy Double Clamp with Cutouts.
- 110mm Corrupt Cores with MGP Proprietary Polyurethane Blend.
- Fluted 19.5” Long and 4.5” Wide Deck with Headtube Cutout.
- Downtube Insert and MFX Deck Blocks.
- Complete Weight: 3.67 KG / 8.09 LBS
- Deck Weight: 1.46 KG / 3.21 LBS