Domane AL 2 is the perfect gateway to comfortable road biking. It's stable, light, easy to accessorize, and fun to ride—all of which makes it the ideal choice for anyone looking for a great first experience with a real road bike.
It's right for you if...
You're a value-minded rider testing the waters of road cycling, and want a drop-bar bike that's an upgrade in feel, speed, and efficiency over a flat-bar hybrid or mountain bike. Domane AL 2 is a great choice if you're new to the road and want a quality road bike you won't immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
The Shimano drivetrain has 16 speeds, with shifters that are integrated into the brake levers so your hands never have to leave the bars. The wide range of gears makes it easier to ride terrain that varies in elevation. The lightweight Alpha Aluminum frame has mounts for a rack and fenders and a carbon fork—a feature that's not typically available in road bikes at this price point.
The final word
Domane AL 2 is an ideal, comfort-first introduction to road riding. It's made for a great fit that's fast but not as aggressive as what you might see in the Tour de France. Plus, it's backed by our lifetime warranty.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real road bike at a great value, and it gets you into the world of road cycling without a giant price tag
- It's built in Trek's performance heritage and backed by a lifetime warranty
- The stable Endurance Geometry delivers comfort and confidence
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won't fatigue as quickly
- Frame: 100 Series Alpha Aluminum, DuoTrap S compatible, hidden fender mounts
- Fork: Domane carbon, hidden fender mounts
- Front hub: Alloy
- Rear hub: Alloy
- Rims: Bontrager Tubeless Ready
- Tires: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c
- Max tire size: 28c Bontrager tires (with at least 4mm of clearance to frame)
- Shifters: Shimano Claris, 8 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Crank: Shimano RS-200, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Cassette: Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8 speed
- Chain: Shimano HG71
- Pedals: Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Seatpost: Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset
- Handlebar: Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm
- Grips: Bontrager tape
- Stem: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Headset: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8"
- Brakeset: Alloy dual-pivot
- Weight: 56 - 10.01 kg / 22.06 lbs
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 275 pounds (125 kg).