GIGI TESTED. RUF APPROVED
Designed and endorsed by Union Pro Rider Gigi Ruf, the Contact Pro has become a staple within the Union collection with team riders and retailers alike. With a nominal binding-to-board contact footprint and softer flex overall, it's the perfect tool for riders looking for total freedom and a surfy board feel.
- DURAFLEX ST: Duraflex blended nylon is specifically designed for cold temperatures, offering unsurpassed levels of strength and longevity. Engineered for snowboarding, exclusive to Union.
- 5% CONTACT AREA: Patented minimal board-to-binding footprint crucially reduces interference with your board’s true flex and provides a more natural response and feel.
- BASEPLATE STIFFNESS: 4/10 -MEDIUM FLEX
- HIGHBACK STIFFNESS: 5/10 -MEDIUM FLEX
- DISK TYPE: Mini Disk 4X2 AND THE CHANNEL
Medium – 7.5 thru 10, Large – 10.5 thru 13 +
- CP3 HIGHBACKS: Developed and tested by Gigi Rüf, CP3 Highbacks are incredibly light, extremely comfortable, and outstanding in all types of snowboarding terrain.
- STRAPS: Classic Lite
- CP3 DURAFLEX DURAFLEX ST BASE: Duraflex ST blended nylon is utilized on the Contact Pro to provide a medium flexing base that is softer than the Ultra and stiffer than the Contact. A great choice for all types of snowboarding.
- EXTRUDED 3D ALUMINUM HEELCUPS: The rigidity and strength of Extruded Aluminum acts like a roll cage on a race car - stiffening the entire chassis. The male/female connection with the base provides seamless response.
- BUSHING: Thermoformed EVA
- BUCKLES: Aluminum Ratchets
The Contact PRO has been a favorite of ours since its inception in 2010 and has been a work in progress ever since. Developed by Gigi Ruf to complement his all-mountain freestyle ability, the Contact PRO is built to have a soft flexing, Vaporlite base tray with ultimate board feel while offering a supportive, mid-flex highback. Putting an emphasis on weight reduction, the inspiration in the aesthetic is apparent in the lack of materials present in the highback, as well as the full EVA foam basetray underfoot. The Contact PRO continues to be a C3 staff pick year after year and it’s because of the versatility of this binding. Whether you’re ducking into the white room or running hot laps in the park the Contact PRO has everything you need, and a little bit extra.
Freestyle rider who is 50% park and 50% all-mountain. If you’re the kind of rider who brings what he’s learned in the park into the sidecountry than this is the binder for you. Side hits, airing rollers, dropping cliffs and sending natural pole jams in the woods is where this binder excels.
Gigi Ruf developed this binding as his unofficial pro-model back in 2010 to accommodate his massively skate influenced style. Gigi was a pioneer who contributed vastly to the level of backcountry, freestyle snowboarding as we know it today.