100+ DAY PER SEASON WORKHORSE DEPENDABILITY
A brand within the brand, the Force delivers the durability and purity of performance demanded by 100-plus-day-a-year riders. An indestructible binding that can handle any condition or terrain with all the features you need and nothing you don't. Extreme all day comfort, season after season dependability, and backed by a lifetime warranty base - the Force is simply down for the duration.
- THE ORIGINAL: Pioneering the concept of “True Flex” base design, Union was also the first binding on the market to incorporate bombproof Extruded Aluminum Heelcups, and Magnesium Buckles.
- BANG FOR THE BUCK: Compared to other bindings in this price category, the Force stands alone. We have combined superb materials, features and function that merge into an overall value that is second to none.
- BASEPLATE STIFFNESS: 6/10 -MEDIUM FLEX
- HIGHBACK STIFFNESS: 7/10 -MEDIUM FLEX
- DISK TYPE: Universal Disk 4X4, 4X2 AND THE CHANNEL
Medium – 7.5 thru 10.5, Large – 10.5 thru 13 +
- HIGHBACK: FORCE HIGHBACKS: Duraflex Injected Multizone Force Highbacks are tapered towards the top, providing flex and tweakability where you want it, support and durability where you need it.
- SYMMETRIC SONIC FUSED ANKLE STRAPS: Three dimensional Direct-Connect core evenly distributes strap pressure and allows lateral freedom. Minimized stitching provides exceptional durability.
- STAGE 4 DURAFLEX DURAFLEX ST BASE: Blended to provide a smooth and responsive ride, Duraflex ST Nylon retains this intended performance in a broad range of temperatures.
- EXTRUDED 3D ALUMINUM HEELCUPS: The rigidity and strength of Extruded Aluminum acts like a roll cage on a race car - stiffening the entire chassis. The male/female connection with the base provides seamless response.
- MULTI-DENSITY THERMOFORMED EVA BUSHINGS: Multi-Density Thermoformed Bushings sustain their function season after season - unlike competitors who use urethane, rubber or other materials that change color and become brittle over time.
- MAGNESIUM RATCHETS: This Union exclusive process produces a material 4 times the strength of aluminum with only 1/2 the weight. Plus magnesium is easily recycled and remains the eighth most abundant element on the planet.
There’s a very good reason why the FORCE has been a key player in UNION’s line since day 1. It is unarguably the most durable, versatile, no bologna binder on the market today. The first choice for Pro Riders around the globe, the Force continues to evolve and grow as the most reliable binder to strap you in without holding you back. If you want a binding that can perform in all conditions, with a mid-high stiffness rating than the new 2018 Force is the end of the line for you.
Powder when the snow’s flying, Park when the sun’s shining, rippin’ groomers when the corduroy is fresh or beating yourself up scraping around a frozen mountain that hasn’t been groomed in a week. This binding is for the 100+ days a year, the “I go no matter what the conditions”, the “I ride everything and ride it all well” kind of guy.
In 2017 the Force was named the # 1 Snowboard Binding by Snowsports Industries of America.