Mystery Ranch Forager Box is currently out of stock.
Mystery Ranch Forager Box
This product is not currently available, but don't go just yet.Shop Similar Products
The FORAGER BOX provides rapid access to essentials like food, first aid kit, GPS, phone or headlamp and can attach to either side of any MYSTERY RANCH waist belt. It can be securely attached to any MOLLE system.
- Fully padded
- Silent opening with elastic
- Sight free opening and closing
- Divider along back perfect for a phone
- Attaches via MOLLE or metal snaps
- 500D CORDURA® fabric
- Weight: 5 oz
- Volume: 30 cu-in
- Dimensions: 5"x7.3"x3"
7 months ago
There are two things I've noticed with this box:
1. The lid locking strap is loose. Because it's an elastic material, I'm confident the objective was to make this fairly tight so that it would truly secure the lid. Mine however is almost to a droop and has little tension in it when fully deployed. Also, because of where this is mounted, I'm pretty sure the lid locking strap is going to get hung up on branches which may result in losing the contents inside if it unlocks the lid without me knowing. RECOMMENDED SOLUTION: Evolve this to either a buckle lock like the Flip Top Box, or do velcro or snaps on the lid. This removes any chance of it getting hung up on brush when traversing and better secures the content stored inside.
2. The size of the box and where it is located makes it really hard to not become a friction point if you use trekking poles. I have the box moved as far back as possible on the Molle loops on the waist belt but my arm still hit the lid with every stride. RECOMMENDED SOLUTION: Possibly create a Molle adapter that converts the bottle pouch on one side, or somehow mounts to the MT Light frame, so that the box can be mounted further back closer to the back itself so that arm swing is clear of obstruction.
These pouches are very rigid also, which does not allow very much flex. These ultimately were a waste of money. I recommend the larger pouch.