SIG P229 Legion Compact 9mm Luger Handgun
The Sig Sauer P229 Legion Compact 9mm Luger Handgun is engineered for smooth control and precise aim. This 9mm pistol features front slide serrations that make cycling rounds, clearing the handgun, and press checking more efficient. Low profile slide catch levers prevent the slide from snagging or catching to deliver reliable firing and cycling. The contoured Elite beavertail grip on this Sig handgun provides a secure hold with a low profile, while checkering on the front strap and underneath the trigger guard offer even more grip. This 9mm handgun is coated with a Cerakote® Elite Legion Gray finish that provides both durability and lubrication to ensure smooth performance and a longer lifetime. X-RAY3 sights offer a clear sight picture in all light conditions, so you'll always have the optimal point of aim. With a crisp P-SAIT intermediate trigger, the Sig Sauer P229 Legion Compact 9mm Luger Handgun offers a precision handgun with a smooth feel and secure hold.
- P-SAIT intermediate trigger offers a crisp, adjustable pull
- Low profile slide catch levers reduce the risk of snagging or catching
- Checkering on front strap and under trigger guard delivers added grip
- Contoured Elite beavertail grip provides a secure hold with a lower profile
- X-RAY3 Day/Night Sights offer a clear point of aim in all light environments
- Cerakote® Elite Legion Gray slide and frame offers durability and smooth operation
- Front slide serrations make cycling, clearing the gun, or press checking quick and easy
- UPC: 798681534845
- Model: E29R-9-LEGION
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Action Type: Semi-auto
- Trigger Type: DA/SA
- Trigger Pull DA: 10 lbs.
- Trigger Pull SA: 4.4 lbs.
- Approximate Weight: 34.4 oz.
- Height: 5.4 in.
- Barrel Length: 3.9 in.
- Overall Width: 1.5 in.
- Overall Length: 7.4 in.
- Slide Finish: PVD
- Frame Finish: PVD
- Frame Material: Alloy
- Frame Size: Compact
- Slide Material: Stainless steel
The Sig Legion series takes it all the way, you get everything you could ever want, reliability, performance, accuracy, dependability and I'll say it again BEAUTIFULLY crafted pistols. Top all that off with an amazing customer support center, a network of likeminded weekend operators and enthusiast not to mention an aftermarket that can keep you as busy as you want with customization and you have the best guns in the world brought you by an AMERICAN company. You can keep your little Glocks, I'd rather use one as a door stop because like most Sig customers, I expect more than just the basics and Sig delivers time and again.
Amazing ergonomics. DA/SA trigger on-going work in progress. Amazing action.
I have only one negative comment:
Magazines - extremely difficult to load the last round, even with an uplula.. As a consequence of this tightness, I have noticed another two issues while at the range.
1. To load a full magazine, it takes more effort to ensure its fully home.
2. With a fully loaded magazine, the cocking action appears much heavier, in fact it has failed to go into battery twice.
Self diagnosis - drop one round out of the 15 and load it, smooth as silk to press home the magazine AND it glides into battery .
I can also add, I have a Tak-mag 20 rounds magazine and no such issues observed....
I remember with my P365 I experienced a similar issue intially until I had ran a few hundred rounds through it.
Given that the Legion model is rated as the top of the food chain and it's extensive marketing, I would've expected a flawlessly operating weapon, sadly this is not the case at present.
In conclusion, I will employ my uplula to speed up the breaking in phase of these magazines and as a contingency load my magazines with 14* rounds until I will witness any changes.
Any thoughts or similar issues?
I have simultaneously reported these issues to Sig customer service department.
Man I really love the crisp trigger I’ve put alittle over 2,000rds through it now & it’s never failed me yet