Stevens 555 Over/Under Shotgun
- Tang-mounted safety for easier access
- Manual extractors for removing spent shell casings
- Lightweight aluminum receiver for improved mobility
- Turkish walnut stock adds durability and a sleek look
- Chrome-lined carbon steel barrels for smoother shooting
- Single-select trigger allows the shooter to select which barrel is fired
- Action: Break, Over/Under
- Approximate Weight: 6 lbs.
- Length of Pull: 14.6 in.
- Barrel Length: 26 or 28 in.
- Overall Length: 42-7/8 or 44-7/8 in.
- Stock Finish: Oil
- Stock Color: Brown
- Stock Type: Sporter
- Barrel Finish: Black matte
- Barrel Material: Carbon steel
- Receiver Finish: Black matte
- Stock Material: Wood-Walnut
- Receiver Material: Aluminum alloy
The gun is light and a tad shorter than most, but perfect for grouse and woodcock hunting. Safety allows for U or O barrel selection, and I have had no misfires in the 9 or 10 boxes of shells I have put through the gun.
Only complaint is the factory chokes don't seem to throw the best patterns. Nothing a good pair of Carlsons can't fix.