Trek 2022 Rail 5 Electric Mountain Bike
Item No. 1643-5258934
Frequently Bought With
Trek 2022 Rail 5 Electric Mountain Bike
1643-5258934Rail 5 is a full-suspension electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analog trail bikes, plus a powerful Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for an e-MTB that's just as ready to shred as non-electric trail bikes. You want a powerful Bosch drive system that'll propel you up climbs so you can hit lap after lap.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 500Wh battery, an e-MTB optimized 160mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. Plus, a 1x12 drivetrain with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence, and 29er Bontrager wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tires.
The final word
Rail 5 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. The powerful Bosch drive systems and durable part spec make for long-lasting fun.
Why you'll love it:
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain-no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Frame - Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- Fork - RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Shock - RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230mm x 57.5mm
- Max compatible fork travel - 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- Hub front - Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Hub rear - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12mm thru axle
- Skewer rear - Bontrager Switch thru axle, removable lever
- Rim - Alex MD35, tubeless compatible, 32-hole, 35mm width, presta valve
- Tire - Bontrager XR4 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.60''
- Max tire size - Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter - Shimano Deore M6100, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano Deore M6100, long cage
- Crank - E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165mm length
- Cassette - Shimano Deore M6100, 10-51, 12 speed
- Chain - Shimano Deore M6100, 12 speed
- Pedal - VP-536 nylon platform
- Max chainring size - 34T
- Saddle - Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Size: S - TranzX JD-YSP18, 100mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 361mm length
- Size: M, L, XL - TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 425mm length
- Handlebar - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Grips - Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem - Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 50mm length
- Headset - Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
- Brake - Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, MT4100 lever, MT420 caliper
- Brake rotor - Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203mm
- Charger - Bosch compact 2A, 100-240V, smart system
- Controller - Bosch Purion
- Motor - Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 85 Nm, 20mph or 32km/h max assist
- Weight - M - 23.88 kg / 52.65 lbs
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
- Knock Block - Knock Block had your frame's back when things go wrong. It prevents your handlebars from spinning all the way around in a crash, so you hoses won't get yanked, and your controls won't hit the top tube.
- Integrated Speed Sensor - You've got one less detail to sweat with the integrated speed sensor. The chainstay-mounted sensor stays protected while the custom hub-mounted magnet stays secure, no more error codes from mis-aligned sensors.
- Mino Link Adjustable Geomoetry - Fine tune head tube angle by 1/2" and BB height by up to 10mm with the simple turn of a nut. Just flip the link to choose between slack or slacker geometry, without negatively affecting suspension performance. A Trek exclusive.
- Bosch Purion Display - Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator, and battery range indicator. It's thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with handlebars.
- Suspension Calculator - This suspension calculator will help you optimize your suspension settings for your riding weight. Simply follow the steps to find your best set up.
- What is the range? - To see how far you can ride your electric mountain bike on a single charge, check out Bosch's range calculator. We've auto-filled the variables for this bike model and the average rider, but you can make adjustments to get your most accurate estimate.
- Active Braking Pivot - Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
- Removable Integrated Battery - RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It's the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
- Custom eMTB Lite mode - Trek eMTBs feature a custom eMTB Lite mode in place of Tour mode. It gives you more natural-feeling power delivery and longer battery life.
- Bosch Performance Line CX motor - Bosch Performance Line CX sets the standard for eMTB performance with up to 85Nm of torque and an intelligent eMTB mode with Extended Boost that automatically adjusts the amount of assist based on the terrain.