Garmin fēnix 6X Pro Solar GPS Watch
- Solar-powered multisport GPS watch with large 1.4" display (36% larger than previous fēnix® models) uses the sun's energy to extend battery life and assure more on-wrist time for your off-grid activities.
- Features enhanced wrist heart rate (the data and information provided by this device is intended to be a close estimation of your activity and metrics tracked, but may not be precisely accurate) and Pulse Ox(this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition) sensing of blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations.
- Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates.
- Navigate the outdoors with preloaded TOPO maps, ski maps for over 2,000 worldwide ski resorts, multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter.
- Support for Garmin Pay contactless payments (not all countries and payment networks are eligible), music storage with premium streaming service (may require a premium subscription with a third-party music provider) support, smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone) and more.
- Battery performance: up to 21 plus 3 days (assuming all day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions) in smartwatch mode, up to 15 hours plus 1 hour (assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions) in GPS and music mode, up to 46 plus 10 days (assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions) in expedition GPS activity mode, and up to 80 days plus 40 days (assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions)in battery saver watch mode.
I had purchased a Fenix 6X Pro Solar in December of 2020 which my friend brought over to Cambodia for me. There was a button not functioning properly so I visited Garmin Cambodia for support.
Their representative, Ms. Sreynit, took it in on January 12th, 2021 and told me that it would be done within 6 - 8 weeks. I said OK, thank you and went on my way.
On February 18th, Garmin Cambodia messaged me (I was so excited that it was already fixed) to ask me if I could accept a different Fenix 6 model which was a different color from my original one. I said no, because the straps will not match and I travel often so I prefer the one I bought originally. They told me OK, we will send it back again and you'll have to wait another 6 - 8 weeks again. Why didn't they ask me this before the first 6 weeks? Who knows...?
Nothing came in so I followed up early April and she told me would arrive before Khmer New Year (mid April). No updates...then Cambodia went into lockdown, no sweat as there's nothing that can be done. Following lockdown easing, I learned that Garmin Cambodia was back to operation so I followed up with them again. On May 7th, they messaged me saying it'll arrive here "next week" so I waited patiently. Since then, till today, May 17th, I have no updates from them after having followed up almost on a daily basis.
The main person I was speaking with doesn’t reply to my questions anymore so I asked one of their service guys, named Mendy, and he told me this morning that there are 10 other customers waiting for their Garmin watches. He blames this on the logistics company saying that his team follows up, but they don't respond and keep delaying shipment from one week to the next.
My question is: being a high end International brand and a leader in the tech world, why am I experiencing this kind of service? What kind of logistics partner are they using that is incredibly unreliable? I have received 5 different packages all while under lockdown, 2 from America. Why is it such a drag with Garmin? I'm happy to pay more for faster transport, just let me know.
I'd really like to get my watch back as waiting for over 4 months with no sign of arrival and no proper customer service is really frustrating. I like Garmin but this experience honestly has let me down drastically.
Any support you can offer would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance and please stay safe.