Trek 2022 Rail 7 Electric Mountain Bike
Trek 2022 Rail 7 Electric Mountain Bike
1643-5258962Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analog trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery, and more, plus a powerful Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
It's right for you if...
A burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625Wh battery, a 160mm RockShox Domain fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless ready, including sealant.
The tech you get
Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drivetrain, fork, and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with a long-range Bosch battery. That means more runs and more fun.
The final word
The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day
Why you'll love it:
- The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain-no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Wheel front - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Wheel rear - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, Boost148, 12mm thru axle
- Hub front - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Hub rear - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Rapid Drive 108, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12mm thru axle
- Skewer rear - Bontrager Switch thru axle, removable lever
- Rim - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Tire - Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.50''
- Tire part - Bontrager TLR sealant, 6oz
- Rim strip - Bontrager TLR
- Max tire size - Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter - Shimano SLX M7100, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano XT M8100, long cage
- Crank - E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165mm length
- Cassette - Shimano Deore M6100, 10-51, 12 speed
- Chain - Shimano SLX M7100, 12 speed
- Pedal - VP-536 nylon platform
- Max chainring size - 34T
- Saddle - Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Size - S - TranzX JD-YSP18, 100mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 361mm length
- Size - M, L, XL - TranzX JD-YSP18, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 470mm length
- Handlebar Bontrager Rhythm Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 780mm width
- Grips - Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem - Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 50mm length
- Headset - Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
- Brake - Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, M6100 lever, M6120 caliper
- Brake rotor - Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203mm
- Battery - Bosch PowerTube 625
- Charger - Bosch standard 4A (100-240V) charger
- Controller - Bosch Purion
- Motor - Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 85 Nm, 20mph or 32km/h max assist
- Weight - M - 24.01 kg / 52.94 lbs (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
- Knock Block - Knock Block had your frame's back when things go wrong. It prevents your handlebars from spinning all the way around in a crash, so you hoses won't get yanked, and your controls won't hit the top tube.
- Integrated Speed Sensor - You've got one less detail to sweat with the integrated speed sensor. The chainstay-mounted sensor stays protected while the custom hub-mounted magnet stays secure--no more error codes from mis-aligned sensors.
- Mino Link Adjustable Geometry - Fine tune head tube angle by 1/2° and BB height by up to 10mm with the simple turn of a nut. Just flip the link to choose between slack or slacker geometry, without negatively affecting suspension performance. A Trek exclusive.
- Bosch Purion Display - Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator, and battery range indicator. It's thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with handlebars.
- Complete Tubeless System - Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. You're ready to roll right out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
- Active Braking Pivot - Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
- Removable Integrated Battery - RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It's the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
- Custom eMTB Lite mode - Trek eMTBs feature a custom eMTB Lite mode in place of Tour mode. It gives you more natural-feeling power delivery and longer battery life.
- Bosch Performance Line CX motor - Bosch Performance Line CX sets the standard for eMTB performance with up to 85Nm of torque and an intelligent eMTB mode with Extended Boost that automatically adjusts the amount of assist based on the terrain.
- Max compatible fork travel - 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- Shock - RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230mm x 57.5mm
- Fork - RockShox Domain RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Frame - Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel