SCHEELS California Privacy Rights
SCHEELS California Privacy Rights Act Notice Summary
This California Privacy Rights Act Notice ("California Notice") explains how SCHEELS and our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SCHEELS”, “we”, or “us”) may retain and disclose personal information about you and the rights you have as a California resident regarding your personal information as outlined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act). For purposes of this California Notice, personal information includes "personal data" and similar terms as defined under applicable privacy laws.
What Are My Privacy Rights as a California Resident?
The Right To Know Your Personal Data
- The categories of information SCHEELS disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information
- If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of the information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. For more information on how to exercise this right, please contact our customer service experts:
- By phone: 701-356-8264
- By email: email@example.com
- SCHEELS will provide this information once per calendar year, per individual.
Please note that we will attempt to verify your identity via the email address and/or telephone number associated with your request to assert its validity prior to fulfilling it. If you authorize another person to make this request on your behalf, in addition to verifying your identity we will also require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf.
The Right to Opt-Out of the Share and Sale of Your Personal Data
California defines “sharing” and “sales” as selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
The Right to Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to request the deletion of any personal information SCHEELS has collected or maintained on you. You can request that we delete your personal data by filling out this Information Request Form or by calling our designated toll-free telephone number for CCPA- and CPRA-related requests, 701-356-8264. By submitting this request, you are declaring that you are a California resident availing yourself of the rights afforded to you under the CCPA and CPRA. Once your request has been confirmed, SCHEELS will begin the steps necessary to respond and take action.
However, this right does not apply where SCHEELS needs to retain personal information in order to do any of the following:
- Comply with the law
- Safeguard the right to free speech
- Provide goods or services to the consumer
- Conduct research in the interest of the public
- Detect or resolve issues security or functionality-related issues
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes that the consumer might reasonably expect
The Right to Rectify Inaccurate Personal Information
Under the CPRA, you have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information SCHEELS has retained. To correct personal information, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. To correct this information in our services, we reserve the right to request identifying documentation in certain circumstances as permitted by law.
The Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to limit the use and sharing of sensitive personal information by SCHEELS. Under the CPRA, sensitive personal information is any data that includes precise geolocation, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, private communications, and specified health information.
The Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA and CPRA. Please note that some services require usage of personal information to function, so your request may impact those experiences.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We may offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide gift cards or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing messages or open a SCHEELS Visa account. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and commercial information (like your purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails or contacting our customer service team at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which will be provided to you when you sign up.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We collect the categories of personal information listed below. Not all categories are collected or retained for every individual.
- Identifiers, including name, email address, and phone number
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under U.S. or California Law such as age and other demographic information
- Commercial Information such as products purchased from us
- Device Information and Online Activity such as your activities on SCHEELS Services
- Geolocation Data such as device location
- Financial information such as credit or debit card numbers and claims information
- Audio and Visual Information such as phone recordings when you call customer service and videos obtained by surveillance systems inside and outside our stores
- Inferences about your preferences
We may share this information to the following categories of recipients:
Contact our Customer Service Experts or write to our Corporate Office with any questions about how we handle your personal information. Address written requests to the following address:
1715 Gold Dr S
Fargo, ND 58103