The Maui Jim Kawika Sunglasses are a true testament to Maui Jim's legacy and heritage. The Maui Jim Kawika perform well in bright, direct sunlight and offer color and contrast to improve your point of view. The MauiPure® lens offer lightweight, crystal-clear viewing while CLEARSHELL® scratch coating keeps your Kawikas in great shape. Shop the Maui Jim Kawika Sunglasses at SCHEELS today!
- Neutral Grey: Perfect for especially bright direct sunlight. Offers rich color and contrast along with the highest available light production unlike ordinary grey lenses that flatten light evenly across the spectrum.
- HCL® Bronze: For everyday variable conditions from full sun to overcast. Provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm subtle bronze tint.
- MauiPure®: The perfect lens for your everyday active lifestyle MauiPure® is the lightest weight choice for long days in the sun. Scratch- and impact-resistant. Injection molded for the crispest optics next to glass.
- PolarizedPlus2®: In every pair of Maui Jims you'll find the patented color-infused lens technology that wipes out 99.9% of glare 100% of harmful UV and boosts color via specially designed lens treatments. So your view is clearer with crisper contrast and amazing brilliance.
- CLEARSHELL®: Scratch Coating: A proprietary silicone-based hard coat that protects your lenses. Glass is naturally scratch-resistant but MauiPure® Maui Evolution® and polycarbonate lenses perform better longer with the added durability of the optically correct CLEARSHELL®. Applied to front and back of the lens.
- Hinge: Traditional hinge
- Frame Material: Metal/Nylon Combination
- Care: Maui Jim case and cleaning cloth included
- Bridge: Adjustable bridge with non-slip silicone nose pads
- Fit Specifications: (eye) 54 (bridge) 18 (temple) 140 6-base curve
- Perfect for: consumers looking for a modern twist to the retro trend
- Shape: Refined rectangular frame complements a range of facial shapes
- Finishing Treatment: Antique metal treatment with contrasting temple tips
- Design: A contemporary twist on a clean classic look featuring stylish browline style frame first made popular in the 50's and 60's.
As my eyes changed over the years I switched to Prescription Maui Jim My latest pair are Kawika HCL Bronze Bi Gradient. Totally Pleased with all of the Maui Jim I have owned.
As to the glasses themselves, they did not live up to the other many pairs of Maui Jims that I have bought over many years. The frame, although it seems sturdy enough, feels like very cheap drugstore sunglasses. The curvature of the frame doesn't seem to match the diagram on the details page.
Looking through the glasses, I wrongly assumed that the lenses would be that optimum grey shade that is so perfect to look through. Instead, it has a green tint that seems to make me squint.
The pair I ordered are the "Readers" which have a bifocal. I assumed that in 2021 the bifocal would be graduated. Wrong. The bifocal is of the type that was used back in the 1940's. It takes a lot of getting used to unlike my other graduated bifocal glasses.
Finally, for nearly $400.00, I think that Maui Jim could spring for the cloth bag which was usually enclosed with each pair that I had ordered in the past. I found those bags very useful for protecting the lens when the case was too large to fit a pocket.