LEM Backwoods Sriracha Jerky Seasoning
Sriracha: Spice it up a notch with this blend of red chilies and garlic.
Backwoods Jerky Seasonings have been delighting customers since 1991. LEM makes it simple with their easy to follow instructions and pre-measured cure in every package. Marinate strips or mix with ground meat. For wild game and domestic meat.
For consistently flavorful jerky use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.
Makes 5 lbs.
- Remove all sinew and fat. For best results, use a cut from the hind legs
- Cut meat into strips 8" long and 1/8" thick
- To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 2-1/2 cups of water for 5 pounds of meat.
- To make smaller batches: Dissolve 4 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat in a glass bowl
- Place strips of meat in the bowl and marinate for at least eight hours in the refrigerator
- Remove strips from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and place in oven or dehydrator
Ground Meat Method:
- To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water. Mix with 5 pounds of meat
- To make smaller batches: Dissolve 4-1/4 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water per pound of meat in a glass bowl. Mix with meat until mixture becomes tacky
- Roll a small amount of meat with a rolling pin until 1/8" thick and cut into strips
- For fast, easy, uniform strips, use the LEM Jerky Cannon
Process in one of the following ways:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place in oven on a cookie sheet and leave door open to first stop. Dry for 1 hour and 15 minutes on each side or until desired texture and dryness is reached.
- Place on rack in dehydrator and dry according to manufacturer's instructions.
Refrigerate or freeze finished product.
Keep cure out of reach of children.
Do not use more cure than recommended.
Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Dehdydrated Garlic, Maltodextrin, Spices, Hot Sauce (Aged Cayenne Peppers, Vinegar, Salt, Garlic Powder), Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Vinegar Solids, Modified Corn Starch, Natural Flavors, Corn Starch, Sugar, Expeller Pressed Sunflower Oil, (As A Processing Aid), Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate, Extractives of Paprika, Sodium Diacetate (0.08%), Not More Than 2% Silicon Dioxide and Calcium Silicate Added to Prevent Caking .
Cure Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.
Net Weight: 2.6 oz. (73.7g)